Monday, June 4, 2012

It's been an All-American weekend.

Saturday, Cristina went to see Les Miserables with her girlfriends. Christopher hung out with Parker, Chad, and myself in the meantime. Parker and Chris watched Elmo together and discussed the bond market. Yogurt melts were enjoyed by some, while others dined on breast milk.

Sunday, we went on a wild adventure down to the beach at Point Venture with Fritz, Freddy, and Kerston. The Jeep got to flex its muscle a bit, as we needed it to set up camp out on the sand. The Jeep has proven its worth tenfold already. The Powerpoint presentation proving this is forthcoming. It was fun to go cruising, he loves getting his hair tousled in the wind. We ate some Cajun food upon departure and called it a night.

Today we went to a baseball game at the Dell Diamond. Christopher got to hang with Fritz again, and we got to see civilization again. It was also $1 hotdog night and daddy got his fill
of the vile things. Not sure who won, but the company was good.

Chris has been smiling and rolling over this week, he surprises us every day. Soon he will get his own apartment and a Honda sedan so we can get back to normal. He's a pretty cool customer, no matter where we go, what we do, or how we get there, he's fine with it. He's really into his hands and all of the mischief that comes with those hands.

He and Ginger have started bonding, which is a treat to witness. She is green with envy due to his neediness and our willingness to respond. Mrs. Weenie is still on the fence with the child, but after all
of this time, we don't expect her to get on board with anything new. Give it a year and they will be a wolf pack.   If not, we will work on their respective issues regarding subordination and correct them as they arise.

That's all,
Jeff

"I'm going to drive a manual transmission next week!  After I stop sucking my thumb."
"Hey mom, can I have a sandwich?  Extra mayo, double jalapenos, and don't talk when you get in here, because daddy and I are watching the McLaughlin Group."
"Well, the Hollows Pool was nice.  Who knew there would be so many people with milk out there?"
"I think I'm going to get a better look at this hippo.  Perhaps if I hug and suck on his face I'll be able to more closely ascertain what his agenda might be."
"Daddy, why is this grass so much greener than yours????"
"Mommy is a good mommy."
"As I get older, I wear grownup clothing.  Daddy got me a jock strap, but I just use 2 inches of athletic tape to secure myself, if needed."

3 comments:

  1. Fun weekend!He's so cute in his grown up clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how grown up they look in grown up clothes!

      Delete